Network Administrator Buffalo, NY
US itek is a dynamic, locally-owned award winning company serving the technology needs of thousands of customers in Western New York since 1994. US itek provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. Opportunities at US itek encompass a variety of skill sets and experience levels. The US itek team consists of over 15 employees that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. US itek just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Employee Discounts on Hardware Purchases
- Paid personal time
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Technical Training Reimbursement
We have an opening for a Network Administrator reporting to the Vice President of Information Services based out of our Buffalo location. This individual will be responsible for the configuration, operation and administration of network server hardware, operating systems and communications links. This individual will define and implement solutions to integrate desktop and shared devices into local and wide area networks and/or other host based networks. Must be able to be on-call.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- End-User support, assess, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Troubleshooting desktop, server, LAN/WAN, hardware and software
- Implement and maintain routers, gateways, remote access servers, domain controllers, firewalls, application and device servers and internet/intranet devices and connections.
- Network administration
- Server administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Phone system administration
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- 24×7 support of productions systems
- Integrate voice, data and video applications; perform basic telephone maintenance.
- Design, configure, maintain and manage network security features for networks
- Configure, monitor, and maintain anti-virus programs to insure network integrity.
- Keep current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
- Must be able to be on-call.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s Degree in related field or commensurate experience. Teamwork, multi-tasking, and excellent communication skills. Also:
- 2 years of help desk or network administration experience.
- Previous experience performing preventive maintenance on hardware, and file maintenance on user files and/or databases.
- Ability to implement and maintain desk top and laptop computers and all associated network hardware.
- Ability to document all work in ticketing system.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to articulate technical issues.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008
- Windows XP and Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2007/2010
- Laptops, desktop and server hardware
- Exchange 2007/2010
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- LAN/WAN Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Cisco switches, routers, WLAN, and firewalls
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Strong customer service and organization, ability to multi-task, detail oriented, team player, demonstrates initiative and flexibility in a fast paced environment. Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move computer related equipment (Monitors, Computers, Printers, Misc Hardware).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
may be needed.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. E-mail your resume, which must include salary requirements, to: Jobs@usitek.com Please insert “Network Administrator-US itek” in the subject line